[OLPC-Games] Geography... and darts...

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:39:12 EDT 2007

Today I received one of those pesky .pps presentations that
actually I enjoyed (actually an embeded flash iirc).  Here's the
idea:

Ingredients:
1) Map (may be political, topographical, etc.)
2) mouse-darts (also known as cursor)

You present the map, and a feature to locate in it (in this case,
capital cities). When the user clicks, you show the actual point
and calculate the distance to the objective.

At the end of the round (european capitals in this case), you
present the score (I assume based on all the 'missed by'
distances).

Simple, elegant and fun (even though it was in german ;)

If anybody is interested I can send you the .pps or you can look
for it in the web: "Hauptst_dte.pps"
http://www.google.com/search?q=Hauptst_dte.pps

Cheers,
Xavier