[OLPC-Games] Reducing pygame cpu-load to < 4 %

Roberto Fagá robertofaga at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:28:25 EST 2007

Jim

This is specific of games which use many resources, like animations
and some more advanced graphics. I also think will be nice if screen /
video driver supports other screen resolution, like 600x450 and less
color depth if the only depth that XO works is 16bits. This can save
CPU/GPU to some games that need speed but not so much resolution...

The 100% using CPU happens only if you don't use anything to control
framerate, and for it you can use the pygame clock, time.sleep and the
event.wait if you can freeze application while you wait for an event.
Can happens too if the game / pygame application uses many resources,
exactly as a GTK/Hippo activity does.

[]'s