[OLPC-Games] short teleconf today, 1400 EST / 1900 UTC

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 22:14:10 EDT 2007

On 4/22/07, Ben Sawyer <bsawyer at dmill.com> wrote:
> I was out (finally some good weather in these parts) so my apologies.
>
> Did the meeting happen?

Yes, and the good weather was much appreciated... we talked about
getting further input from active Java and Flash developers who could
narrow down core functionality that we can set up benchmarks and test
frameworks to support; so we know what to push for in terms of Gnash
improvements or a JVM (if there is a sufficiently useful small
machine).    Also tests for fill rate and speed of raw cairo
rendering, pygtk and pygame apps, doing similar work.

We could use an update on the Game Jam and related planning; also how
others can help promote it or find sponsorship if still needed.

We talked briefly about the summer of code projects.  I'll bring up
the text adventure platform here, though it wasn't on the agenda:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Text_With_Media_Game_Engine
Nick Montfort has offered to guide people through the world of
interactive fiction engines, sources, and titles... help in
identifying interesting IF in various languages would be well
received, and a first step in tracking down reuse rights.

Proper UTC conversion noted.

SJ, who thinks we should all give up on daylight savings now... it has
served its historical purpose!