[Etoys] Etoys Quick Guides

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Mar 20 14:56:08 EDT 2009

At Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:35:48 +0100,
Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Did not measure that for the guides, but I think we turned back to the
> old project format for speed reasons. Sexprs are actually slower.

  It is faster for smaller projects/files like a guide page, but that
is offset by the fact that the extra file compression overhead for high
entropy files on XO, and non XO platform it is less of a problem.

  But the biggest reason is not to treat a book as a project, which
carrys so much excess baggages, but an individual morph (so that it is
easy to get rid of, etc.).  We could imagine to make a better tools
for treating books and make .morphs but then that is yet another similar
tool to do the similar job...