[Etoys] Etoys Quick Guides

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 20 05:22:30 EDT 2009

On 20.03.2009, at 07:15, Ted Kaehler wrote:

> Korakurider,
> 	Yes, we thought about this.  We could include a Quickguides
> folder for each language.  It is about 4.5 megabytes per language.
> 	Maybe we should not include all of these folders in the
> release.  A user could download each language as he needed it.
> 	What do you think, Bert?

If that is the only way then yes, we will have to do that. If we need
to save space, the guides could be packaged and installed separately.

I am more concerned about giving others the chance to experiment with
this.

It's a very generous offer that you personally want to convert each
and every guide someone might make. But I am sure others could learn
how to do that, too. We should enable others to first replicate the
work we do, and then build on top of it. That's the very idea of a
community project. So please, let us make the guide projects
available, and I think you already had written up an outline of how
you convert them to guides.