[Etoys] Opening a zip file

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 18 07:36:23 EDT 2009

On 18.03.2009, at 01:20, Ro wrote:

> Hola!
> Hi everybody, I am Rosaura, from Florida Uruguay. I don`t speak
> english very well but I like to learning about Etoys.
> I´m a teacher at primary school, I like very much Etoys and Ì want
> to teach to muy children.

Great! Welcome :)

> Sorry for my english.

Don't worry. It's better than my Spanish ...

> A question: how can I open a zip file? `

What system do you use? The OLPC XO? Another Linux machine? Windows
PC? Macintosh? Etoys runs on all of these ...

Secondly, which zip file do you need to open, and why?

Also, let me point out the main Etoys website at

	http://squeakland.org/

A lot of Spanish-language material exists, but we have not yet
gathered it all in one place. E.g., there are two books in Spanish:

	http://squeakland.org/resources/books/

Etoys is used in the region of Extremaduras, Spain, for a couple of
years already:

	http://squeak.educarex.es/Squeakpolis

They use a different version but a lot of their materials are
generally useful.

Hope that helps, and please do not hesitate to ask more!