[Etoys] First stab at JournalMorph

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 09:18:10 EDT 2009

I have put together a widget that is able to load pictures and sounds from
the Journal on the XO.

Work is slow because I have to do most programming in secure mode to see
that what I'm doing is  acctually working. Also some features like file
reading are quite slow on the XO so the purpose of the widget is somewhat
questionable... Or maybe it's just the way I did stuff that slows it down.

The widget also saves SketchMorphs as pngs to the Journal by Drag'n droping
a Sketch on it or by use of tile scripts. That is quite useful if Etoys is
deployed as just a paint activity.

Sound playing is just a hack at the moment.

One issue that is slowing the widget down so it's almost unusable with big
pictures is that the current player is diplayed as a thumbnail in the
Viewer, and that operation takes a looong time.

So, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Karl