[Etoys] variables

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sat Jun 6 22:05:02 EDT 2009

On Jun 6, 2009, at 5:18 PM, Angel Arias wrote:

> i normally try to remove variables following the same process that you
> describe: choosing "remove" option from a variable's "menu" icon in a
> object's viewer. i have to say that the error message appears running
> squeak etoys on an intel-based macbook [macOS X [10.5.7]]. i have no
> problems removing variables in my OLPC-XO.

Hi, Angel,

We'll get to the bottom of this...

** What version of "squeak etoys" are you running?  (find out from
'about this system' from the world's halo menu).

** If you can locate the "SqueakDebug.log" file created when the error
happened, it would be helpful if you could send that file.

** If you have a particular project in which this issue manifests
itself, perhaps you could send that.

** Does the error happen *every* time you try to remove any variable
from any object?  So, for example, if, in a new project, you start
with a single object, open its Viewer, add a variable, then
immediately try to remove it, do you see the error?  (And does anyone
else reading this see an error in such a circumstance?)

** If possible please give us a precise sequence of steps that will
allow us to encounter the error.

** Are you 100% certain your image does not have some non-standard
modifications in it which might be affecting things?

** Has anyone else on the mailing list encountered the problem
discussed here?

Sorry to have no answers, only questions, at the moment...

   -- Scott