[Etoys] SQ-154: Added changeset for the NavigatorBar show/hide buttons

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jul 7 07:24:52 EDT 2009

On 07.07.2009, at 06:25, Scott Wallace wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2009, at 11:09 PM, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the delay, please let me know if it works for you,
>
> Works great.  Maybe we can get this out the door!

Works. But:

1. The icons are swapped. In other Sugar activities the outward-facing
arrows mean "maximize my work area", the inward-facing ones "shrink
back to regular size".

2. The "hide nav bar" and "show nav bar" tiles only appear when
searched for, not in a category.

3. If I choose "use default gray look" from the nav bar halo menu and
then click the nav bar toggle, the bar shrinks in size and turns
green. Same behavior actually for "default green look". Also, after
changing the color manually it goes back to green when toggling.
Interestingly, this works correctly in the Sugar/OLPC image (I assume
because there the toolbar height does not change). So maybe if we
configure the regular image to always use the thick toolbar (as we
discussed, along with large fonts, pop-up arrows etc) the problem will
resolve itself.