[Etoys] 2 button mouse confusion

Simon Guest simon.guest at tesujimath.org
Tue Feb 3 02:59:07 EST 2009

At Mon, 02 Feb 2009 22:33:52 -0800,
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> At Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:24:21 +0530,
> K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday 01 Feb 2009 1:31:45 pm Simon Guest wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Have just switched over to a recent EToys image (about this system
> > > says EToys 3.1 latest update 2177).  I have a 2 button mouse (well, a
> > > touchpad with 2 buttons underneath), and I want to access both halos
> > > and context menus.
> > Ctrl+click will give you the context menu.
>
>   Yes, that is true on Unix...

Ah, so that's why it doesn't work for me on Windows ...

I'm generally Squeaking around in an Etoys development image on
Windows, so right click is useful from time to time.  I still have not
worked out how to be able to get both halos and context menu without
changing (and changing back) the swap mouse buttons preference.  Any
suggestions here would be useful.  Is a VM parameter tweak needed?

cheers,
Simon