[Etoys] Etoys supports the DC input

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sun Sep 28 23:19:00 EDT 2008

> If I want to make an object jump on screen by clapping my hands,
> amplitude would be the simplest to use. The other values vary widely
> for me.

  Yes, now I remember a similar discussion with Abe-san^^; The level
values after the FFT is only meaningful in a very controlled
environment.  A clear input from a music instrument with very clear
harmonics and you can see it (according to Abe-san).  But I'd agree
that it is more or less very specific to a certain application.

  The raw level value, that is like the sound recorder's level meter
(which you also had an Etoys that takes advantage of), should be a
tile and it would be more useful.

> Perhaps they should not even be there unless there is an
> actual WorldSthethoscope connected?

  Or in a normal case, it is not even necessary.