[Etoys] Please visit the new Etoys website!

Kim Rose kim.rose at vpri.org
Thu Sep 11 12:26:56 EDT 2008

[Forwarding from the Squeakland list - please forgive the
crossposting. Bert]

Greetings!

Many of you have started, or will shortly be starting, a new academic
year at your school or University.  We wish you a successful and fun-
filled new school year!

We have just launched our new Etoys web site to coincide with the new
academic year.  It is still found at "www.squeakland.org", but its
design and content are all new.  It features a brand-new version of
Etoys for download, which we will announce in a separate message.

We hope you'll find the new site simpler to navigate, more
straightforward in sharing our message, and loaded with helpful
content.  New materials include complete video from the "Squeakers"
DVD and a series of "screencast" lessons, thanks to Tim Falconer of
Waveplace.  You'll also find some new tutorials and a showcase of
projects.  Also on the site are web versions of over 50 "QuickGuides",
created by Kathleen Harness of Illinois, which provide concise
tutorials for many things about Etoys.  Living versions of the
QuickGuides can also be found "inboard" in the new Etoys application
itself (click on the ? at the left edge of the tool-bar).

The "showcase" section on the new site has very few projects on it at
this point -- please share your projects to help populate this area!

We intend the site to be a living, continuously-evolving resource, a
showcase and clearinghouse for "all things about Etoys."   Please help
it evolve and grow.  The site will be largely maintained and supported
by volunteers, so we need your contributions as well as your
suggestions.

We will also be producing a quarterly newsletter that will be posted
to the site (and sent to you via email if you choose to subscribe) so
please share your experiences with us!

Thanks to you all for your interest in this learning community.  We
look forward to exchanging ideas, projects, and more.

regards,
Kim Rose & the Etoys team