[Etoys] Translation on traditional chinese

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Oct 29 03:23:17 EDT 2008

At Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:33:49 +0800,
Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I gave a few talks in Taiwan about XO, Etoys, Smalltalk and Dr.Geo II
>
> There are some interest to translate DrGeo in traditonal Chinese.
> I proposed it could also cover Etoys translation.
>
> Are you aware of any effort for such translation.

  I saw occasionally questions whether Squeak (typically not Etoys)
can handle traditional chinese, but I am not aware of the organized
effort of making Etoys translations for traditional Chinese.

> When it comes to oriental languages, does the font need to be part of
> the Etoys image, or can it be from the host operating system?

  It can be a separated font file from the net or local disk, or on a
platform with Pango library, it can get the system font via Pango.