[Etoys] Avoiding batching of script execution

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Oct 11 11:16:37 EDT 2008

Am 11.10.2008 um 16:34 schrieb Karl Ramberg:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> Am 11.10.2008 um 14:12 schrieb karl:
>>

>>> I have made a Lidenmayer drawing system (again) with branching,
>>> but  I'm
>>> running into a issue where the script works fine on single step but
>>> batch stuff together in ticking mode. Is there a way to force the
>>> update
>>> between each tick ?
>>> I've turned batching pentrails on and of but it does not seem to
>>> be  the
>>> issue here.
>>>

>> Should work ... can you upload the project somewhere?
> http://wiki.laptop.org/images/c/c2/New_draw_system.011.pr
>
> Press button 'Ellipse startRegenerate' then 'Ellipse startDrawing'
> this will batch the drawing.
> Press button 'Ellipse startRegenerate' again then single step script
> 'Ellipse draw' in the viewer, this works.

Nice project!

That is indeed a mysterious bug. Holding down the exclamation button
indeed draws everything fine - even when setting generations to 1 or 2
before startRegenerating.

And when setting generations to 1 another bug manifests: when setting
to tick, the ellipse jumps to the lower left at some point.

I have no idea what's going on, or even how to debug this - will have
to wait to next week (we're writing a paper ...).