[Etoys] Finding projects

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Oct 9 10:30:26 EDT 2008

Currently, Etoys does not require entering a project name when running
in Sugar, which makes it hard to find projects later in the Journal.

One way to improve this is to gather textual information from the
project and put it into the metadata, see

	http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4550

But maybe we could also derive a more sensible project title from the
project contents? For example, MS Word defaults to the first few words
of text in the document as file name.

Also, we might require entering a project title for an unnamed project
when clicking the "stop" or "keep" button. This is a slight violation
of the Sugar interface guidelines but may be better than nothing, in
particular if we pre-populate the entry with a meaningful name. The
interface should be as unobtrusive as possible (better than a simple
fill-in-the-blank popup).

Ideas?