[Etoys] feedback regarding the paint tool in Etoys

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:10:59 EDT 2008

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Regarding the use of Etoys in PC workstation, Suzanne Guyader a
> retired arts teacher told me she miss the thin pencil size for
> drawing.
> She found the thinest pencil size of the Etoys Paint tool to still be
> too big to achieve thin drawing.
>
> Some productions of Suzanne,
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Art_et_Squeak
>
> Suzanne, I don't know what it is possible to do...
>

> Hilaire

It's quite easy to change the value in the code, browse to:

PaintBoxMorph>>initializeBrush
    | brushMap |
    "PaintBoxMorph initialize"
    currentColor := Color blue.
    self brush: #brush3:.
    brushMap := Dictionary new.
    brushMap at: #brush1: put: 3. "<- Change the brush size here, then
doIt: PaintBoxMorph initialize"
    brushMap at: #brush2: put: 7.
    brushMap at: #brush3: put: 13.
    brushMap at: #brush4: put: 26.
    brushMap at: #brush5: put: 50.
    brushMap at: #brush6: put: 80.
    brushMap
        keysAndValuesDo: [:key :value | (self submorphNamed: key) arguments
                at: 3
                put: (Form dotOfSize: value)]

Karl