[Etoys] RES: RES: [Squeakland] Squeakfest 2009

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Nov 28 09:01:58 EST 2008

Marta Voelcker wrote:
> Rita,
>
> thanks for your reply,
> Nice to know that you are considering to come!
> We could think together how to organize some new kind - more interactive
> workshops - maybe for a happy hour -or one afternoon -
>
> I participated in a conference in Costa Rica, last April - there was one
> moment called " Café with researchers" they organized 2 researchers and a
> translator per table together with 10 local students - we had coffee and an
> casual conversation - each table had specific theme and researchers from
> different countries... I am sure you have other experiences ... we could
> think about some interactive moments...

That sounds very interesting! What I liked very much at the Scratch
conference in July were the kids on the first keynote. That was such a
motivation for every researcher and teacher! I would like to do
something like that at Squeakfest, maybe with the kids from Luciana de
Abreu Elementary School? What do you think?

Cumprimentos,
Rita