[Etoys] iStoa.net lands on Olpc XO

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Mon May 26 03:27:01 EDT 2008

Hello Karl,

Thanks for your words of encouragement.
I would really love to see i18n.
But as for now it was just easier for me to stick to a French curriculum.
What you did not see yet in the demo you play with is the designed
curriculum as an oriented graph and the whole database backend in a
server running Squeak with Magma+Seaside for the teacher console. I
don't have the resource right now to put all these stuff on line and
to maintain it, I hope later.

For each curriculum there is such a graph, for mathematics in primary
school you can see an exert there
http://blog.ofset.org/public/hilaire/istoa/notions.png.
This graph is used to situate the learning achievement and to drive
the learner to other activities.
The global mecanism is illustrate by this graph:
http://home.gna.org/istoa/graphiques/istoaModeles.png

Sorry it is all in French for now because I think it may be easier for
me to find support there. Anyone is welcome to prove me I was wrong ;)

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire