[Etoys] etoys image freezing?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed May 14 22:00:19 EDT 2008

Ian wrote the core audio interface for sound on the macintosh. It runs
on a separate thread from the interpreter.
The primitives have very little error checking so passing in bad data
results in crashs, or perhaps loops.

What you need to do is recreate the problem, then use Apple's Activity
Monitor application which is in the Utilities folder.
run that and double click the "Squeak VM" in the Activity Monitor
window, that should bring up another window that lets you
see the Memory, Statistics, Open Files and Ports.   On the bottom left
of that window is a *Sample* button.  Click that
that will take a sample trace of what the Squeak VM is doing, and
display it in a "Sample of Squeak VM" window.

Click in the text, do select All, copy.  Then paste into an email
message and email me a copy so I can see what is happening.

--
=
=