[Etoys] Animations in Squeak/Scratch and Flash

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 26 19:20:30 EDT 2008

This thread on Nortel learning:

http://xoexperience.blogspot.com/

quote: " I followed with a conversation on the #squeak irc channel. Our
conclusion: while it may be "possible" to generate 2D animations with Squeak,
the conceptual differences between Squeak and flash are enormous, and this is
not a practical option for our illustrator, Phi.

To give you an idea of the kind work Phi does, take a look at this. If anyone
knows of example animations made with eToys that look as good as what Phi did
here, please let us know."

reminded me of my wish that Squeak be used instead of Flash :) in addition to
it being so nice for exploring..

That aside, I think the person who made the comment is right - I do not think
Squeak can be used to create animations shown in there, at least I do not
know how to. Does anyone have enough experience with Scratch to comment that
perhaps Scratch could be used to create animations similar to those with
equivalent or lower effort?

Thanks Milan