[Etoys] [ann] etoys project page

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 18:08:23 EDT 2008

Korakurider wrote:
> Hi Karl, Thanks for sharing them !
>
> Let me comment :
> + How about showing author(with link to wiki user page) for the great artifacts?

I'll do that.
> + Project is too generic terminology to people who don't know etoys :-)
>    Showing the objective of the page (or change page name like
> "Etoys/Project_Sampler" ) would be great.

I tried to change it but didn't find a way to do it. I don't know if the
wiki supports changing page names. I could make a new page.
> + Which file format will be expected?  Yours are xo bundle;  Did you
> package them with the bundle packager of Etoys in filelist?
>    I think the feature haven't been documented very well.

Its really easy, just point the file list to the .pr file and click the
XO button. Excellent feature. One bad drawback is that you cant easily
open a .xo file, its using some Sugar features to do some of the
unzipping and loading.
>    Classic squeak users might be comfortable with *.pr but will it be
> welcomed there?

Yes, I guess all formats should work. I used .xo because it is supported
by the Browser on the XO and allows easy installation and execution of
the activity.
> /Korakurider
> but why not make OLPC Etoys to formally support SuperSwiki2...

Good question. I think we should add the SuperSwiki2 interfaces to the
etoys image.
Have you looked at the Scratch project. It has very good project sharing
site and has a very vibrant community.

Karl