[Etoys] type clash in viewer slots

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 01:55:49 EDT 2008

Hi,

I had a viewer spec for #input category for a new Morph
	slot resolution 'Resolution in dots per inch' aNumber Player getResolution
Player setResolution:

This code worked fine in Squeakland image but failed in Etoys image. Etoys had
another slot with the same name in VideoMorph so the type returned for my
slot was incorrect - there was no warning of a clash. I had to change
resolution to dpi to get the code to work.

I thought a slot is a visual wrapper for a property. Why should its name be
unique across classes? Is this a bug?

Subbu