[Etoys] MC support in EToys image

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 00:08:49 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:04:51PM +0200, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
> 2008/7/23 Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com>:
> > On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 03:38:15PM +0200, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> i would like to base the next SqueakBot release on EToys image.
> >> I'm trying to install Monticello available on SqueakMap, but there is
> >> some errors ...
> >> You did'nt use MC for your development ?
> >
> > In my etoys image, I used the LevelPlayingField script to load
> > MC. I slightly tweaked it so that it runs in etoys 2. I havn't
> > tested it with etoys 3. I'll do so.
>
> Nice Matthew ! I'm waiting for your report about that.

It is working. It installs MC fine. For some reason, the later
part of the script, where it updates SqueakMap, is not working
right, but the MC part of the script is working fine.

If you try the script right now, you will get a self halt. This
is me debugging that part of the script.

So yes, this method of loading MC works great.