[Etoys] Squeak By Example - OLPC edition

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at doesnotunderstand.org
Wed Jul 23 16:41:24 EDT 2008

2008/7/23 Joseph Apuzzo <japuzzo at gmail.com>:
> I don't think we need another "Squeak by Example", it a good programming
> book that covers it's topic well.
> What is needed is a book to educate teachers showing them how to use the
> OLPC features.
> That could end with a chapter or two on how to add features / function to
> the OLPC.
>
> I've been showing teachers what is possible with the OLPC build of Squeak!
> and they want to use it, but there is no Book or place to Educate the
> Educators.

Our idea with this proposal is to attract more developers to the
Squeak OLPC version.
I'm not really an educator so i could'nt write something for them.
But we can added in the book a chapter about "How to write Games for EToys"
based for example on this article :
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Papers/Gael06aC5.pdf

PS : it looks like everyone reply directly to people and not to the
mailing-list. Could we fix that ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://blog.doesnotunderstand.org/