[Etoys] DrGeoII.xo

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:11:31 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 8:00 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> >> I think we need a better theory separating the "base app" (the code
> >> that gets loaded) and the current project. Perhaps the .xo should
> >> contain both a .st for the code and a .pr for the initial project ...
> >> that would mean when saving the project it would not have to save out
> >> the code. On loading we would have to distinguish between resuming an
> >> old project and starting a new activity instance, loading either the
> >> project in the bundle or the one from the datastore. For that I think
> >> we would have to pass the bundled project via the "URI" parameter,
> >> and it would get ignored if an OBJECT_ID is present.

I am curious how we will be able to keep project interoperability
especially for DrGeoII between OLPC Etoys and Squeakland OLPC if we
separate them.

And by separating, also dependency would be introduced.  Then we might
want to manage it wisely.  For instances:
+ add dependency description to manifest in gzipped .pr so that user
can review it when encounter problem.
+ newer "base app" could check dependency hint embedded in project and
migrate the project if it is based on older app.

Cheers,
/Korakurider