[Etoys] Project loading trouble

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Mon Jan 14 09:40:14 EST 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008, at 23:26 , Karl wrote:
>

>> It turned out to be a issue with the whole installation. After
>> flashing
>> ram and reinstalling most stuff seem to work.
>>

> Glad to hear that :)
>
> Please test and report back on the Journal integration though. We
> have not had much feedback, though I think it is less than perfect.
> There is only one serious bug open:
>
> https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5348

I can confirm this bug. I'm not sure what to do about it, though.

It seems Journal needs some more work.
Modal file opening is good if it works, not so much when it does not.

But I applaud the effort of trying a different approach to storage. And
a few issues are probably ok, given that even Microsoft had to give up
their effort to improve this area :-)

Karl