[Etoys] A new experimental version of OLPC image for non-XO environments

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:47:07 EST 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008 2:38:00 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> So we'd need to add "-Wl,--hash-style=both". Can someone think of a
> way to make AutoConf detect the availability of that option? Maybe
> via AC_TRY_LINK()?
>
> - Bert -
FWIW, attached is a candidate patch for configure.ac. I don't have access to a
FC7 box, so I couldn't validate it. The patch should be a no-op for all other
environment.

Essentially, the new instructions append hash-style option to CFLAGS and
LDFLAGS only on those build platforms where "ld --hash-style=sysv --version"
runs without error.

sysv should be sufficient for small programs like squeak. "both" would be an
overkill.

Subbu