[Etoys] A new experimental version of OLPC image for non-XO environments

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Feb 26 03:24:09 EST 2008

> > > I think we want to package also locale plugin with useLocale preference enabled.
> >  > or is the settings intentional?
> >
> >   In the next round, we should include the translation files (.po
> >  files).  useLocale is true I think.  On my Windows computer, it boots
> >  into the platform language.
>     ok, I come to know this is not just a rename version of legacy win32 vm :-)
>     Then where is source code drop / branch in repo for it and
> prebuilt distribution?

  It is stock 3.10.6 VM, but just renamed to etoys.exe.  You can
binary compare these files if you have doubt^^;

  "Smalltalk vmPath" is where I unzipped the zip file, and "Smalltalk
listLoadedModules" returns something like:

 #('ImmWin32Plugin 7 November 2002 (e)' 'LocalePlugin 1 February 2007 (i)' ...)

>     Could you please document it on olpc wiki or squeakvm.org?
>     I would like to review what plugin are included in, tweak some
> settings for contemporary version of windows, etc...

  Documentation is always good.  And please experiment.  Thank you!