[Etoys] [FUN]Track color with camera

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Wed Feb 6 09:03:29 EST 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008, at 21:31 , karl wrote:
>
>> I have used Wiebe Barons WebCamMorph and added some Etoy support to
>> it. It is possible to track a color with the camera and a ellipse on
>> the screen reflect the movement. I'll see if I can make it into a
>> input feature like the eyeToy to the Playstation2. Enjoy
>
> Not bad :) Here's a project version of this:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/camTrack.pr
>
> Works nicely on the XO (if you have good lighting and a distinctly
> colored shape) ...
>
> - Bert -

Cool.
I tinkered a little more with this and added a setting for how many
points should be scanned each scan. That fewer scanned points made
morphic more responsive but jumpier movement of the ellipse. Next change
will be to just return x and y values so any object can be hooked up to
input.

Future enhancement is:
    - several colors scanned for, that would enable more advanced input
like one for mouse click simulation and one for movement.
    -putting scanning in a primitive would really speed up everything
and make even more stuff possible, like gestures, sign language ? etc.

Karl