[Etoys] new waveplace website, haiti video, etc.

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Fri Feb 1 17:39:38 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

Waveplace raises money to buy XOs for Caribbean children.  We're
creating courseware to teach digital media skills.  We're training
teachers to use XOs in constructionist ways.

And we have a new website:  http://waveplace.com

Of interest since last time ...

1) Waveplace went to Haiti and made a wonderful video showing Susie
Krabacher (subject of an upcoming major motion picture) with her kids
and an XO:

http://waveplace.com/locations/haiti/

2) we're a few weeks into our first pilot in St John ... the twenty
kids are loving their XOs and Squeak Etoys.  See our press:

http://waveplace.com/news/press/

3) we've just published our first newsletter, which talks about these
two efforts as well as another upcoming pilot on St Vincent:

http://waveplace.com/news/newsletter/

4) Alan Kay and Kim Rose joined our board of advisors!   This is a
very good thing, since we're focusing entirely on Squeak Etoys in our
courseware.

If you haven't been to the site before, there's twenty video
tutorials on Squeak Etoys, which people seem to like.   Another
twenty are scheduled to appear this month.

Anyway, sign up for our monthly newsletter if you're interested, and
pass the word if you have time.  We need all the help we can get.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy Falconer