[Etoys] Squeaklets/

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Fri Feb 1 03:39:08 EST 2008

On 31/01/2008, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> This works fine in the etoys bundle.

So it's a bit naive of us to derive our image from the Etoys
development image without using the ReleaseBuilderSqueakland stuff for
"deploymentizing". Changing the startupInUntrustedDirectory preference
does fix this, but then I hit more trouble when I tried to load a
project with a changeset -- I'm guessing because the .changes file
isn't writable.

For now I'll try to steal enough fragments from
ReleaseBuilderSqueakland to make everything work.

Going forwards we should probably look closely at what Hilaire has
with DrGeoII. For example it might be nice if our "main menu project"
included a full changeset of all of our Smalltalk code and also
included all the sound clips / fonts / etc that we feel the need for
(using installation tricks in the changeset postscript as needed).
Then we could use the base etoys.image and once the main menu was
loaded we'd know that all the code and other resources that the other
projects need is pre-available.

What do you think?

-Luke going into hack and slash mode to just get something published
as a reference point :-)