[Etoys] Etoy project in a Seaside image

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Dec 19 18:28:43 EST 2008

On 19.12.2008, at 23:56, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> I've been playing with SuperSwiki2. Very impressive. It's an all-in-
> one solution. I just want to serve some Etoys projects with a
> regular Seaside image.
>
> Shouldn't be too hard, should it?
> SS2 uses Seaside. Check. Etoys projects are rejected by standard
> Squeak and Seaside images. No check. Squeakland offers the plug-in
> to see an Etoy in a browser. Check.
>

> What parts of SS2 do I need to file into a regular Seaside image to
> serve an Etoy?

I do not understand the problem. Since SuperSwiki2 only serves the
Etoys project file instead of executing them, it should not matter if
that server image could also load the project. It does not need to.

The seaside image runs on the server. It only sends a file to the
user's browser. That browser loads a plugin that uses the Etoys image
to execute the project. Those two Squeak images do not have to have
anything in common, they talk to each other only via HTTP.