[Etoys] TransformationMorph issue

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 08:29:21 EST 2008

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> At Fri, 05 Dec 2008 21:54:05 +0100,
> karl wrote:
>
>> When using TransformationMorph the extent of the tranformation is not
>> given back braking the illusion of scale and rotation.
>> I would assume the right thing would be to return owner extent to a
>> scaled morph ?
>>

>   Can you elaborate the situation a bit?

I was trying to get the right dimensions  reflected  when the painting
full screen  preference is turned on. The PaintBoxMorph is scaled up on
the OLPC and is slightly offscreen because of this. But to get its
bounds after scaling is not straight forward because of the transformation.
Try this
morph := Morph new openInWorld.
morph extent => 50 at 40
morph scaleFactor: 2 (There is also a bug in scaleFactor: if the morph
owner is nil )
morph extent => 50 at 40

This is complicates general code a bit as one must do all kind of
contortions to get the right extent.

Karl