[Etoys] [Etoys-notify] #8163 HIGH 8.2.0 (: Mongolian is not rendered correctly

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Aug 27 18:20:42 EDT 2008

Am 27.08.2008 um 23:10 schrieb Zarro Boogs per Child:

> #8163: Mongolian is not rendered correctly
> ------------------------------
> +---------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  bert            |       Owner:  etoys
>       Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
>  Component:  etoys-activity  |     Version:  not specified
> Resolution:                  |    Keywords:
> Next_action:  code            |    Verified:  0
>  Blockedby:                  |    Blocking:
> ------------------------------
> +---------------------------------------------
>
> Comment(by ohshima):
>
> Replying to [comment:2 korakurider]:
>> How about having special entry in PO (not message at all actually)
>> that
> msgstr is switch whether Pango is to be used, then we could configure
> appropriate setting for each languages.  (like that Scratch have
> language
> dependent configurations in POs)
>
> Yes.  That would be good.  And language name can be supplied
> (#8150), too,
> as Scratch does.
>
> I'm writing a change set that "exports" the extra information into the
> .pot file (the keys are exactly the same as Scratch; we can
> interpret it
> to figure our whether pango should be used or not).  In the worst
> case,
> within 24 hours it should show up on the pootle server.

So the new strings are at the top of

	http://etoys.laptop.org/src/po/templates/etoys.pot

but it is not quite clear what values a translator would have to fill
in. Example values should be added as comment.

Also, which of these enables Pango? And why is there a space in "
Language-Name"?

Anyway, this gives power to the translators, so it is good. But I'm
not sure Scratch is the best example to base this on, it has rather
simple needs font-wise ...