[Etoys] [Localization] Mongolian translations for Etoys

enky at MIT.EDU enky at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 26 09:56:53 EDT 2008

Dear E-Toys team,

Elana asked me to translate E-toys into Mongolian. Therefore, I formed
the team
of Mongolian professors and translated E-Toys. I worked very hard to translate
it and get many advices from them. I sent the translation directly to E-Toys
team as well as Mongolian team. Since the time was short, I tried to
move on to
next step. We have divided our work. Elana asked me to stay in the city to
translate E-Toys while rest of the team went to countryside for teacher
training.

> "Hey thanks for the heads up.  I thought he just sent it to us, and
> had not submitted it.  I am working on the revision right now.  I'll
> check online about the translation.  Sorry this guy didn't bother
> trying to do it right."

It seems that Cris wrote this email to E-toys team. If there is any wrong word
in my translation, please let me know. I would like to know what I did
wrong. All the Mongolian professors who edited the translation agreed
that the
translation was done well. No one in claimed to translate E-Toys in Mongolian
back then. However, I decided to translate and finished it. After I have done
all the work, it is disappointing to hear that I did something wrong.

I sent the final edition to both Mongolian team and SJ. Some people get angry
that I sent the translation direclty to SJ as well. In the meeting with the
Minister of Education and the Mongolian core team, I was assigned to
finish 80%
of translation and the translation team (Cris and other people) to
finish 20% of
the all translation. I finished my 80% of translation (E-Toys). My translation
was edited by Mongolian language professors and Computer Science professors.
They are the famous professors in Mongolia. They said the translation is very
well done.

I translated E-toys for Mongolian children and their education. Mongolian
professors told me that they edited the translation, because it is for
Mongolian children. I worked in days and nights to finish the translation.
People worked with me on this know about it. I can assure you that this
translation is done well, because the important professors and professionals
worked on this.
We are all working for Mongolian children. I think that you are also
working for
children around the world. OLPC get us all together and work as a team.
As team,
Cris should have told me about what was wrong. I am disappointed that he never
told me anything about my translation, but criticizing me to other people.

I will come to the Ministry of Education tomorrow and tell about his
email about
me. I am doing all this work for Mongolian children. I am still working
for OLPC
in Mongolia right now.

Best regards,
Enkhmunkh Zurgaanjin