[Etoys] Mongolian translations for Etoys

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Aug 18 16:25:11 EDT 2008

At Sun, 17 Aug 2008 02:28:22 +0200,
Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 16.08.2008 um 04:05 schrieb Yoshiki Ohshima:
>
> >  Great progress, everybody!
> >
> >  For getting it in Etoys and testing, we probably need to specify the
> > fonts and probably add a few Smalltalk classes.  Let us work together
> > to get a working version in the near future release.
>
> If we defaulted to Unicode input and Pango rendering for "unknown"
> languages, shouldn't a new language just work by adding a .mo?

  Almost.  For the font part, the Scratch experience tells us that the
rendered text size widely varies from a font to another.  They need to
explicitly specify the scale factor for each languages.  We don't have
that mechanism so either have it or specify the font sizes for
languages would be needed.

  For the classes, the clipboard and "keyboard input interpreter"
etc. should be aware of it (unfortunately).