[Etoys] Display bug after windows resizing

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Aug 5 18:00:05 EDT 2008

> Maybe this problem has been already adressed, but I face a strange bug
> when I choose to set the display to the "Scaled virtual extend" mode
> and I go back to the standard, full-resolution, screen: Squeak turns
> black and white (cf screenshot).
>
> Do you know how I could get back the colors ? (I'm running the Etoys
> image, rev 153 from 28 july. The VM is Squeak 3.10 of 22 July)

  It seems to me that the image and the VM cannot find the screen
depth that was used in the scaled environment when it went back to the
non-scaled mode.

  Get the "appearance..." menu from the world menu or the show source
menu, and click on "set display depth..."  There choose 16-bit and see
how it goes.

  However, this situation might suggest that it doesn't have 16-bit as
a choice for some very non-obvious reasons, or the depth of the scaled
environment isn't 16-bit (or 32-bit) for some non-obvious reasons.  If
it happens, see what screen depth you have in the scaled display, and
non-scaled display and let us know.  I'd like to see what went wrong.