[Etoys] Games for Change Festival, June 3rd

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 12:04:36 EDT 2008

I stumbled across this, on the ELDIS (http://www.eldis.org/) community
site.

It seemed relevant enough to cross-post to games, etoys and devel lists.  An
OLPC presence would seem perfectly logical and potentially very beneficial.

cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Cjl
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Registration for the 2008 Fifth Annual Games for Change Festival is now
available!

Please join us at Parsons the New School for Design in NYC for our annual
event bringing together non-profits, educators, game designers and activists
of all stripes to explore the growing movement and emerging field of games
for social change.

Leading scholars Jim Gee and Henry Jenkins will open the festival with a
keynote conversation on June 3rd at 4:30pm.

We are pleased to announce our closing keynote this year will be the
Honorable Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, scheduled for 4pm on June 4th.

Featured panelists include: Jim Gasperini, creator of Hidden Agenda, and
Chris Crawford of Balance of Power and Balance of the Planet fame; Ken
Eklund, creator of World Without Oil; Michael Levine, Director of the Joan
Ganz Cooney Center; Shelley Pasnick, head of the Center for Children and
Technology, Mary Flanagan Director of the Tiltfactor Lab, Tracy Fullerton of
USC's EA Innovation Lab, and representatives from Participant Productions,
the MacArthur and Knight Foundations, PBS, and Electronic Arts, among many
others.

You will find our usual excellent blend of provocative panels, informal
working groups, funders meetings, ample networking opportunities and the
ever-popular Expo Night where you can see - and play - the new games
firsthand, sponsored by Microsoft.

Check out the festival site here:
http://www.gamesforchange.org/conference/2008/index.php

And don't forget the pre-festival workshop for newbies on June 2nd. We are
happy to announce that this beginners workshop for non-profits new to the
field. Let The Games Begin: A 101 Workshop for Making Social Issue Games was
a MacArthur Foundation DML Competition award-winner out of more than 1000
applicants!

A separate registration for that day is now available from the festival site
here: http://www.gamesforchange.org/conference/2008/101.php

We are thankful for the generous contributions of our sponsors AMD and
Microsoft, as well as Parsons the New School for Design.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Suzanne