[Etoys] VoIP Question

Raymond Y Cheng ryscheng at mit.edu
Sun Apr 13 21:02:38 EDT 2008

Hey eToys Team,

My name is Raymond Cheng and I am currently doing some work for Barry
Vercoe. We were looking into VoIP for the XO. We noticed that you have
some VoIP built into eToys so we had a few questions:

Is there any further development into VoIP for eToys?
Is anyone working on a SIP client for the XO?
How does the current implementation in eToys work? Does it use SIP? any
encoding? Does it require that eToys be running at all times on both ends?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you

-Raymond Cheng