[Etoys] So what does everyone use in the classroom?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 7 18:44:24 EDT 2008

On 2008 April 7, Joe Apuzzo wrote:
> With eToys dead ( not updated in over 2 years )

Not true at all - eToys are in *BEST* shape of their live!

Same eToys that run on OLPC will run on Linux, Mac, Windows: Compare to the
Squeakland version, this new version is cleaner, have very good online help
(called Guides, on the top left). Navigation is much easier I think.

Right now, you have to download VM and Image separately:

Image from :

	http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPC-Etoys080211.zip
	(equivalent but much nicer then Squekland version, and will replace it
compatibly in the near future I believe)

VM from:

	http://www.squeakvm.org/index.html
	(need to follow to your OS section)

 Give it a try, if you used the squeakland eToys version I believe you will
find it a noce continuation and will be surprised,

Milan