[Etoys] Pen color categoyry

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:07:23 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 02 Apr 2008 8:17:49 pm Kazuhiro ABE wrote:
> Hello, Subramaniam
>
> I think a Polygon morph and its new category named "polygon" may
> help you. It includes many tiles for controlling vertexes by cursor.
> These tiles are simular of other tiles of collection type morphs like
> a holder, text and etc. So kids can use a Polygon as a PenMorph.
I like the Polygon's extensive tile scripting capability, but I am afraid it
wont be intuitive to young children. Currently, a small Rectangle (or an
Ellipse) with its pen down offers an easier approach by ticking through the
following script :

   Rectangle pen color := Rectangle color
   Rectangle pen size  := Recangle width.

Now the child can manipulate the pen directly through halo menu buttons -
scale, rotate, move and recolor and then use the GrabMorph to create a sketch
out of the trails. This is much harder than what it needs to be.

BTW, I noticed that objects dropped on the onion skin (or TinyPaint) stamp
right through them! Abstract layers in a concrete world of Morphs?

Subbu