[Etoys] Monticello and other questions

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Thu Sep 27 18:14:23 EDT 2007

On 28/09/2007, Scott Wallace <scott.wallace at squeakland.org> wrote:
> Maybe it would be a good idea to pre-configure the dev image we give
> out so that is has the latest version of SqueakMap (i.e. 2.2 rather
> than 2.0,) and so that it has Monticello pre-installed...

This would be useful for me! With help on the #squeak IRC channel I've
loaded Monticello into my image but it did involve walkbacks and
backported changes, so I'm curious how you guys are doing it. The
problem is reproducible for me by just opening SqueakMap and letting
it install Monticello as part of its self-upgrade to version 2.2.

I'm also wondering about a suitable choice of respository for project
files and bits of media that I want to reuse between a lot of projects
(sound clips and so on). I could be boring and use Git, but I wonder
about other options -- like for sound clips and icons that I want
globally available to base64 encode them and store them with code in
Monticello, or to use these scary looking programs like SuperSwiki2 to
store project files. Any suggestions from experienced people?

Cheers,
-Luke