[Etoys] Translating projects

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Sep 26 20:38:33 EDT 2007

Just published an update to do this. Seems to work nicely so far, I
translated the three cloud inscriptions of the launcher to German,
and they do switch on startup or when selecting a language from the
toolbar.

To try, just drag out a Text from supplies, change language, edit it,
switch back.

No way to disable yet, but if there are translations, they are shown
in the menu.

Not sure how we would handle these translations with external
developers. We could translate all our example projects to at least
one other language, and then extract all text morphs that have at
least two translations. Or, maybe better, have translators translate
in etoys and send back the translated projects. Then load both our
master project and the translated one, find the new translations and
merge into master.

- Bert -