[Etoys] work around layout checking of msgfmt

korakurider korakurider at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Sep 26 06:09:41 EDT 2007

Hi, Bert.

--- Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Are you aware of our discussions regarding reducing
> the number of
> translation files? While modularity is valuable, it
> makes live harder
> for translators and maintainers. Not sure who is
> going to work on
> this - you or Takashi? I filed a ticket anyway:
>
> https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/3816
    I know, but...
    As in the previous discussion thread, I think more
important questions would be
    a) for the lookup of #translated, how to know correct
domain of the receiver of #translated. without this b)
can't be executed in real.
    b) how MOs/textdomains are packaged

    After determing them we can formulate how to package
POs, I think.
    (We have been discussing about PO first.  But I think
we need to think about textdomain first)

    My current understanding is right now we don't have
good strategy for a).  I come to deadlock around there...
    Possible workaround Takashi proposed recently is that
we use just only one domain for whole etoys system.  I
think that is not bad, especially for FRS.  How do you
think?

/Korakurider