[Etoys] Fwd: MO reader

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Sep 21 06:15:39 EDT 2007

On Sep 21, 2007, at 10:51 , korakurider wrote:

> The lookup decides
> translation context (i.e. textdomain) by class category
> of sender of #translated.  (#translatedNoop is just for
> extraction of original phrase, and isn't directly related
> to lookup)
> But when exporting receiver literal of #translatedNoop to
> PO, that category is based on not #translated but
> #translatedNoop.
> Then what if senders of #translated and #translatedNoop
> are diffrent class with different class category?

Ah, I see. How about having "#translatedNoopFor: 'classcategory'"
which would be used by the exporter to place the translations in a
different category?

>    I think original GNU gettext implementation assumes
> that application doesn't use multiple textdomains (i.e.
> MOs) simultanaously.  If multiple textdomains are need,
> application must switch dynamically.  I imagine frequet
> switching will cause performance degration.  So I am not
> sure using libintl.a would be appropriate if we will have
> multiple MOs.

Actually, you can give the domain in the dgettext() call:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Ambiguities.html

And even set the directory using bindtextdomain().