[Etoys] Etoys list?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Sep 18 14:37:39 EDT 2007

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> in the last days, I saw a strange increase in people unsubscribing
>>from the OLPC-Etoys list. Is that because of increased
> "uninteresting" traffic from bug reports and packaging? Or because of
> OLPC's recent bad press? Or other reasons?

Can't speak for others but I'll probably unsubscribe myself (or read it
via gmane) if the ratio of "interesting" to "administrative" messages
stays the way it is. For a list with very light traffic having two
dozens Zarro Boogs per Child messages a day is a bit overwhelming.

> Should we perhaps move those non-user related messages to a different
> list?

Depends on what the majority thinks. I don't know how many people try to
follow developments closely vs. those who only observe at a distance.
For the latter, using an NNTP service like gmane is often just as useful
an option so I wouldn't rule things out either way.

Cheers,
   - Andreas