[Etoys] #2133 BLOC Trial-3: Switch etoys to gettext translations

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Mon Sep 17 16:20:26 EDT 2007

I don't think Korakurider mentioned something concrete idea about .mo file.

Actually, I doubt a bit about full gettext support.
If we need to compile .po files to .mo, how much it makes easier than
just importing .po into the image?

Or if we want to distribute translation files apart from the image.
We can use serialized translation in SmartRefStream (actually
this was the original behavior of Squeak's translation).

I agree the benefit about using gettext file to exchange translation data.
But what's the point of using in runtime? Maybe I would miss something...

Cheers,
- Takashi