[Etoys] Multi-Million Smalltalk Users (was Re: Forward: Re: Pippy and Calculate - Evolution Solution)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Sep 10 16:49:46 EDT 2007

Indeed, if someone could add instructions how to peek behind the
scenes that would be awesome. Currently the trick involves Alt-Shift-
W to bring up the world menu, we should make that easier accessible.
Also (and I asked this before), we're looking for ideas and
volunteers who make Smalltalk programming accessible on the OLPC
environment. This involves a strategy to store your own code in an
etoys project (which works but is not really well-supported right now).

However, instead of packing another image+sources+changes, I'd rather
like to add sources to the regular etoys image. Preferably by
utilizing the Decompiler, with temp names stored in the compiled
methods, and possibly comments taken from an external file or
included in the method, too. Help with that is appreciated, too - the
Etoys team still has its hands full with the "kids stuff".

- Bert -