[Etoys] simplifying basic category

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 10:34:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

The current slots/commands in basic category is part turtle geometry and part
cartesian geometry. I recast the viewer to include only turtle geometry
primitives in basic to make etoys easier for children who are yet to develop
intuitive understanding of co-ordinates. Why present two systems when one is
sufficient?

I would have liked to make "pen down false/true" to "pen down/up" but I am yet
to figure out a simple way to get Boolean slots to support arbitrary
strings/symbols instead of just true/false values.

throwing it open for discussions,
Subbu