[Etoys] ogg vorbis support for etoys tutorial movies (now works on XO)

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Tue Oct 16 15:45:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Today I added support for Ogg Vorbis to my Squeak Etoys video
tutorials, and verified that they play on the XO.

http://waveplace.com/movies/

The next obvious step is to embed the ogg files in a web page, so you
can navigate the tutorials like you can with the Flash FLV versions.
As it is now, you have to click "back" to see the list, remember
which number you're on, and click the ogg button again.  A prev /
next nav is the safer way to travel.

Can anyone point me to an example of embedding ogg vorbis into a web
page so it'll stream on the XO?

Also, let me know your experience regarding volume levels.   All but
#6 seem too quiet to me, but I want other's input before I re-encode
them louder.  Could just be the B4 speakers, or the build I'm using.

If someone likes these enough to post them on an official XO link
page, I'll make an ogg only page just for the XO.

Thanks,
Tim